Established in Boggabri in 1895, Jacob & Anderson pioneered Stock sales in Boggabri, built the first sale yards in Boggabri and expanded to Gunnedah to become a force in the dominant Gunnedah Livestock Selling Centre.
The business of Jacob & Anderson was purchased in May 1969 by Mr. Frank Gallen who continues to enjoy a wide and favorable reputation in north western agency circles. Mr. Gallen had previously been the manager of Gunnedah Branch of Winchcombe Carson.
Frank Gallen announced his retirement in May 1997 after 28 successful years and Jacob & Anderson was purchased by his son, Guy who had been working for his father since early in 1972. An experienced and highly successful livestock auctioneer, Guy brought a modern edge to the business. To this day, Jacob & Anderson remains an influential strength in Livestock and Rural Property sales in and around Boggabri and Gunnedah and continues to benefit from a strong presence in the Residential property market in Boggabri and surrounds.